The Hawks are student-athletes, making their mark in the classroom as well as on the field, in the pool and on the trail.
The girls swimming and cross-country teams have both been named Academic State Champions for the 2018-19 fall sports season—achieving the highest grade-point average among all Washington high schools in their enrollment classification.
Here are some of Hockinson’s most recent athletic accomplishments:
- Girls cross-county won districts by 23 points – the team’s first district title since 2008—and are headed to state: Ally Peterson, Briell King, Ady Dyer, Julia Zora, Marissa Bulder, Ellie Ritter, Abby Orman, Taylor Kopp, Tenlee Pulsipher.
- Boys cross-country finished fourth at districts and qualified three for state: Trevan Bischoff, Kai Conradie and Josh Saeman.
- Girls soccer won league and is playing in districts.
- Boys golf is sending three players to state in May—Tanner Hough, Jerritt Christensen and John Dorotik.
- Football won league for the fifth year in a row and is beginning their quest toward state.