We want your student’s first day of school to be a positive one! Here is some quick back-to-school info that we hope helps your family get off to a smooth start.
2022-23 Busing Info
We have received a number of parent questions regarding busing and bus routes. Here are a few FAQs to answer your questions about student transportation this year:
How do I know which bus my child is on?
- Check Skyward Family Access, your student's bus number will be in the "Busing" tab.
Where can I find the AM pick up and PM drop off schedule?
- You can find these schedules on our website under Students and Families > Busing Information and scrolling down to Route Information. You can also use this LINK. Click on your bus number tab and look for the stop closest to your home.
PLEASE NOTE: Buses will likely be running behind schedule during the first few weeks of the school year!
What is the FirstView App?
The FirstView app enables parents to track pick-up times and also confirm the arrival time of your student’s bus. It also alerts parents when their student's bus is running late or if there are any safety notifications. Additional FirstView App Information: FLYER GPS and FAQ
The FirstView bus tracking app gives you direct access to bus information:
Know where the bus is
Get alerts when the bus is nearby
District notifications about delays or changes
Multiple kids ... one app
To activate the app you will need the HSD code. This code is: 7ZT9. Please follow the guide by clicking on the following link FirstView app when installing the app. You can find additional information in the two flyers above.
Instructions in English, Spanish and Russian are available for downloading and setting up the app.
Wednesday Early Release
- HSD Schools release an hour early every Wednesday so our teachers can collaborate on curriculum, assessments, and best teaching practices. The first early release of 2022-23 is THIS WEDNESDAY, August 31. This means our three schools will be releasing students on the following schedule:
- HHES: 1:15 p.m.
- HMS: 2:20 p.m.
- HHS: 2:30 p.m.
- Add funds to your student’s meal account HERE.
- Find out what’s on the menu HERE.
- Apply for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program HERE.
Reminder: HSD Parent Perception Survey Open Through Sept. 6
Our “Upward Together” campaign directly addresses two of the three main goals of the HSD Strategic Plan: Academics and School Culture & Facilities. We invite you to help inform us how we are doing in these areas by participating in the Hockinson School District Parent Perception Survey. This survey, open now through Sept. 6, covers a range of topics relating to academics, facilities, school culture, and student/family experiences in schools and the HSD. If you have not yet completed this survey, we want to hear from you! Your input will help us maintain our areas of strength, make improvements wherever needed, and go Upward Together in 2022-23 and beyond.
No School on Labor Day, Sept. 5
School resumes Tuesday, Sept. 6. Click here for the 2022-23 HSD School Calendar for other holidays and events. Check school websites for school-specific information. Links to school websites are below: